Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 4: Flickr


Today I discovered Flickr, and what a discovery it was. Flickr is a great place to park my photos, but more importantly its a great place to park the photos I rip from the net. Uhh...did I say 'rip', I mean the photos that I am using for educational purposes of course; properly sequenced, meticulously referenced, OH! and funny too. Actually, it is fantastic, as it offers a multitude of applications and a number of networking options that simplify image storage and reproduction even. The exercise of using Flickr has also developed a better sense of appreciation for the shear volume of images available on the web. Still, Google images is my hands down favorite for search, however Flickr is now the obvious place to store what I source. But wait! it gets better, Flickr can be accessed from any computer that I am using regardless of where my gypsy caravan is taking me. Best of all though is that I can store the web images with the meta info for easy return to the general area of search. Why is this good you ask? Well...I like a lot of pictures that do not quite make the grade when I search, so I leave a mental note on the ones saved and selected making it easy to return to the others if needed in the future.

Here is a Link to my Excellent Flickr Sets. Well worth the trip.
Or Click Here to go straight to my photostream.

Here is a few of the geotagged images i found on flickr that intrested me:
*Wagga Wagga Airport- Departure Terminal;
* Best Watering Hole in Wagga; The Famous Wagga Cinema

Here is a Link to the mpi104 blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

Rick's Weekly Wrap ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Indian Monsters. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP